Why Focus on Quality?
No one says they are opposed to safe, quality medicines.
But that doesn't mean they actively speak up for them, either. Put simply: people take the safety and quality of medicines for granted.
By shining a spotlight on how common poor-quality medicines are worldwide - and the toll they can take on people's health and hard-earned global health progress - we can inspire people to move from passive support to passionate advocacy for #MedsWeCanTrust.
Here you can find out how #MedsWeCanTrust impact the issues you care about, or tell us first-hand why safe, quality medicines matter to you.
Partner & Champion Testimonials
Tell your networks how safe, quality medicines IMPACT your cause
+ Antimicrobial Resistance & Global Health Security
- [TWEET] Poor-quality medicines create a vicious cycle that speeds up the rate of #AMR. We call on delegates at #WHA71 to work together to prevent, detect & respond to this threat and #StopSuperbugs. #MedsWeCanTrust
- [TWEET] If medicines contain the wrong ingredients or too little of the right ones, they can harm patients & accelerate one of today’s most urgent health crises: #AMR. We need #MedsWeCanTrust.
- [TWEET] Poor-quality medicines anywhere are a threat to health progress everywhere. We’re calling on leaders to increase investments in #MedsWeCanTrust #WHA71
- [TWEET] In times of calm & crisis, we need medicines to do their job. Yet at least 1/10 medicines in #LMICs is poor-quality. This is a gamble the world can’t afford. We need #MedsWeCanTrust. #WHA71
+ Universal Health Coverage & Access to Medicines
- [TWEET] No family should have to sacrifice basic needs to pay for health care, only to receive poor-quality medicines that could jeopardize their health. This is an injustice that strong #healthsystems can fix. #MedsWeCanTrust #HealthForAll #WHA71
- [TWEET] When people are left behind by the health system, they may seek medicines where quality isn’t guaranteed. We need strong #primaryhealthcare that brings everyone the trusted medicines they need & deserve. #HealthforAll #MedsWeCanTrust
- [TWEET] From #vaccinators to #midwives, #HealthWorkers are leading the hard work of bringing health care to all. Poor-quality medicines undermine these efforts and endanger hard-earned trust in the communities they serve. #MedsWeCanTrust #WHA71
- [TWEET] When we talk about access to medicines, we mean quality medicines. It’s time we make the distinction loud & clear. #MedsWeCanTrust #Access2Meds #WHA71
- [TWEET] When people are sick with #malaria, the last thing they should worry about is their medicine. But every year up to 116,000 people in sub-Saharan Africa die from poor-quality antimalarials. This must change. #MedsWeCanTrust #WHA71
- [TWEET] Treating #malaria with poor-quality medicines is like sleeping under a bed net full of holes: it won’t work. To #EndMalaria, we need #MedsWeCanTrust. #WHA71
+ Non-Communicable Diseases
- [TWEET] Medicines that don’t work are a broken promise to individuals suffering from #NCDs including #cancer, #diabetes or #mentalillness. The good news? We know what it takes to ensure safe, quality medicines for all. Now, we must act. #MedsWeCanTrust
- [TWEET] For chronic diseases that require ongoing treatment, health systems must consistently deliver safe, quality medicines to every patient in need. We can #BeatNCDs with #MedsWeCanTrust
- [TWEET] #Tuberculosis is the world’s leading infectious killer, and one we cannot beat without #MedsWeCanTrust. #EndTB #WHA71
- [TWEET] Poor-quality medicines create a vicious cycle that speeds up the rate of #AMR infections, including #MDRTB. Join us in calling for #MedsWeCanTrust to #EndTB
- [TWEET] For people who must walk for hours & wait in long lines for #HIV treatment, the least we can do is ensure their medicine will work. Let’s stand together for #MedsWeCanTrust #WHA71
- [TWEET] People living with #HIV need quality treatment throughout their lifetime. It’s time to reach every person, everywhere, with #MedsWeCanTrust. #WHA71
+ Maternal Health
- [TWEET] Childbirth should be the start, not the end of life. To prevent post-partum hemorrhage – the leading cause of maternal mortality – every mother should have access to #MedsWeCanTrust
- [TWEET] Every mother dreams of a safe delivery. Inexpensive drugs can reduce her risk of dying during childbirth, but too many women in #LMICs still lack access to safe, quality treatment. Join us in calling for #MedsWeCanTrust